Thursday, June 30, 2016

18/52 Art Journal Project, June 30th | Topic 27 "Whimsical"

Good Afternoon EVERYONE and Congrats to making it half way through 18/52 Art Journal Project!  It's time to switch our supplies and begin a fresh new start for the rest of the year. Hahaha, think of this as a new semester, time to start something new. Change things up a bit, create in a different way and plan to accomplish something new.

So I thought I might share my supplies for the next three months. Here I have my box which I still love and use very often.

 Now I definitely have way more than 18 supplies but remember this is a new semester. I want you all to know that I wanted us to start small in the beginning of the project and as we keep going, I would like to add more supplies as we go. Now that is my choice, you can continue 18 supplies throughout the rest of the project if you wish but I'm wanting to make the project go somewhere or lead up to something, wink wink. There is a method to my madness and all will be explained once 18/52 Art Journal Project Part 2 comes up next year.

 So I have 25 supplies this time around. I had about 30 some pieces before but I had to force a good chunk of them out of the mix so that I wouldn't go overboard. I still want that restriction of limited supplies so that I can learn something from them. I already love this collection already. I look forward to seeing goodies come out of these supplies.
 
June 30th - Topic 27
"Whimsical" 
 
Alright so I choose whimsical, I more understandable word now. I really let my mind just float on this one. I had Van Gogh's starry night in my head, or at least it's quiet movements in mind. 

Check out my process below














 I really like this page a lot. The whole airy feeling and well, dare I say, whimsical touch is quite enjoyable to look at. The colors are extremely pleasing and all the tiny details make my heart happy. 

Well I know you might be saying "Wow, 3 month update and half way through the year, doesn't look all that exciting to me." No worries...I'm extending it. I've got a video planned for you all tomorrow to stretch out our celebrating and who knows maybe another giveaway could happen. Wink Wink! Check back here or on my Facebook page for more fun in the 18/52 Art Journal Project.

May God Bless You and May You Bless God!



2 comments:

  1. I admire artist who work in a "series"... in a way, limiting your supplies as you're doing is a similar idea and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, another gorgeous spread Miranda! Love it. --Fatima

    ReplyDelete