Thursday, June 23, 2016

18/52 Art Journal Project, June 23rd | Topic 26 "Nepenthe"

Gooooooood Afternoon everyone. Let's get to cracking on Topic 26 today.

JUNE 23rd - TOPIC 26
"anything inducing a pleasurable sensation of forgetfulness,
 especially of sorrow or trouble."

If you look at the full definition it pretty much is talking about a drug. Nepenthe sounds so much better than just saying drug...am I right or am I right. Hahaha.

So what I did for this topic was think of something that drastically alters my stressed, anxious or sorrowful mood and almost immediately I thought of twilight or sunsets. It's the part of the day where everything winds down and the hues are so much more romantic outside. Sunsets leave me in awe and remind me that God has everything under control. 



So first step, I drew a mountain range...go figure!


Next I colored in shadowed areas with my brown stabilo pencil.


Then I took some watered down purple (which P.S. I had to switch out my old purple because it had gotten old, stinky and fumy. Ain't NOBODY got time for that.) and I smoothed and darkened the shadowed areas in the mountain. 



Neocolor Crayon scribbles


Smoothed it out with Gesso.


Smoothed it out again with more NeoColor Crayon


Then I took my pinky orange and yellow to create warmth to the sky.


Last but not least the clouds to add the DRAMA!





AND VOILA! All finished. I kept it simple this week since my body is just aching for a vacation. We just got back from a wedding in Indiana and the traveling, although fun, was exhausting. I'm just slightly WHOOPED! Nothing but what a little sunset can't cure.

If your feeling tired and or exhausted...PLEASE take a break! Don't think about anything! Don't even create for like a day. Go outside, play with the kids, watch an old movie you haven't seen in a while, watch the sunset...do something to relax. I'm a firm believer that God wants us to take a break ever once an a while, that's why he gave us Sundays...to rest. 


Alright ladies and gentlemen, I'm off. Tune in next week for a 3 month update. It's about that time to start thinking about switching your 18 supplies again. Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone and don't forget to REST!


May God Bless You and May You Bless God!

2 comments:

  1. You take the same subject, and paint it over and over again... and still keep it so fresh and inspiring. Love this spread (and the one from two weeks even more). -- Fatima :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fatima, I'm glad you like it!

      Delete