Thursday, March 24, 2016

18/52 Art Journal Project - March 24th | Topic 13




18/52 Art Journal Project - March 24th | Topic 13

I will have to say that while working on this one, I didn't like it very much but as I kept adding the final touches to it and letting metalic gold paint sparkle in the sun light...I was like..."Yeah well I lied"

So I choose couture because I ARDENTLY ADORE couture dresses. It's not like a serious dream of mine like driving out west by myself and riding a horse in the desert all by myself but, I would love to just try a couture dress on one day. I mean, who wouldn't want to feel like a princess for one day! I vote YES!

So I pinterested a very pattern ideas and found one by Oscar de la Renta and well, painted it with what materials I had. I think in this video you might understand why I was a little frustrated with the beginning looks of this spread.


But I got over it well enough. What was really getting on my nerves was I couldn't make a clean swipe with my flat brush when it came to painting the gold leaves. I mean, it turned out okay but I will be glad to have a round brush next month.



So I am undergoing not major changes behind the scenes of Clare Plantation but enough that my schedule for 18/52 Project needs to change. Not drastically though. It is becoming much easier for me to upload all 18/52 project goodies later in the day on Thursday say around lunch time. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you won't be like..."WHERE IS MIRANDA TODAY?"

No worries I'm still on it and going strong. I really am enjoying this project as I hope you are too. I will just be honest I'm ready for some switching of supplies! Here, Here!





Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!

May God Bless You and May You Bless God!

2 comments:

  1. That's neat, Miranda! Still loving this project, though I'm a bit behind, but I'm okay with that. I'm ready to switch supplies, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anna, I'm so glad you are! I'm growing quite weary of my orange and pink, I can't wait to throw a deep blue into the mix! All coming when I give my three month update next week! Have fun Anna!

      Delete