Monday, January 25, 2016

Clare Plantation's Currentlies



Good Morning Everyone! I'm getting more on a role with having a blog post and video on my channel and eventually Patreon posted every Monday, that I'm getting close to actually setting it in stone.
I sure am having fun with it and I promise much more is to come, I've got so many plans this year and I can't wait to share them with you all.

But for now I thought I might kick off a new segment called "Clare Plantation Currentlies". I thought I might just share what I'm currently listening to, reading, creating, eating...all that jazz.
Although it is a used idea to share a few things within a blogger or youtubers life but heck it's something I've never done and my likes are always different from everyone else's...right.

Alright so let's get started.

First off, I have been working so hard on this afgan and it has been such a pleasure draping it over my lap to keep warm whilst working on it. I usually don't care much for crocheting in the summer months as far as big cozy afghans go, but in the winter I yearn for it and have literally become addicted. My sister and I will watch movies while I work on it and it truly has been a marvelous way to pass the time when I want to keep my hands busy.


Here in Virginia we got a good solid foot of snow which has happened before and can be expected but here lately it's rare and exciting. So we have been enjoying or shall I say I have been enjoying the heat stove downstairs since I freeze in 70 degree weather. I do feel a bit lethargic though after a long period of time downstairs but at least I'm toasty warm.



I built the fire real good a couple of days ago, I could watch fire all day. It's a hypnotic kinda of thing to me.



I hadn't seen the first season of Once Upon a Time for a long while so I banged out the entire season while stuck at home during the snow storm. I only skipped to the parts about Snow White and Prince Charming, DUH! For those of you who don't know, it's a TV series based off of the original fairy tale characters that get sent to our world by an evil curse. Delicious fun!



While I was happily stuck at home, I had a few bits and bobs of work left to do...I think the binder says it all. 



This planner has saved my life getting all my lists for three jobs organized and helping getting things done properly. You can thank this baby for helping me get videos and blog posts up every Monday.



If you are looking for a book to read just before you go to bed to ease your doubting or stressful mind, this one is the book for you. I have been following Jefferson Bethke online for a while now and was excited that my brothers girlfriend let me borrow this book. I'm a slow reader but what I have read, it just makes me feel good and stronger about my faith in Jesus Christ. I understand who He really is and what being a Christian is all about even more clearly. Check it out because there truly is so much more than just going to heaven when you die.



I've also been listening to some great pastoring by Clayton Jennings. I've been following him for a while and he has truly helped me in my faith. He's bold and fearless for Christ and it's beyond refreshing! I turn on his revivals, crusades and short videos on YouTube and listen to him in my studio when I just wanna hear God talk and I'm telling ya, God speaks loud and clear through Clayton. Please put him in your prayers as well, he's got battles that I can't even imagine an evangelist goes through so lift him up. Check out some of his videos HERE you won't regret it! This video in this picture is especially good!


My aunt got me sucked into making granny squares. I'm nailing it with ever square I make and getting faster to but still I've got a bajillion left to go. Wheeeew!



My sister got me into this one song by Lauren Daigle called "Revival". The harmony is mad good...go check it out if you haven't already.



The 18/52 Project is going so well HERE at my Clare Plantation Drawing Room Facebook Page. Gosh that's a mouth full. CPDRFP...yeah that's still ridiculous. Even though it looks crazy as a title, check it out HERE on my blog if you haven't learned about the project yet.

But it's been fun so far. I truly am loving using only so little. I've been wanting to downsize a lot here lately and this project just feel really good in so many ways. And I truly love my cover.


It's a secret but plans have begun here in my sketchbook and of course just some good old fashion sketches are happening here and there. I'm trying so hard to make sketching a routine thing but I worry so much about making a mess out of the sketch and it not being perfect. Hopefully I can overcome that especially in a place where mistakes are suppose to happen.



Apart from artsy things, this lotion has been a loyal companion to my dry hands this winter. It smells good, it works good and the bottle is pretty. Hehehe!



Speaking of super dry hands, my aunt gave me this homemade body scrub for Christmas that works wonders too.   It smells like sugar cookies...yum yum!



So this year I'm gonna face my fear, singing solo in front of a large crowd. My choir director thinks I can do it and I'm gonna do it so I've been running over some notes to get it in my head. It also had to be a Mozart piece that I decide to face my fear with...good one Miranda, good one. Hahaha!



Enjoying the comforts of home here of late. I've been working like a mad women and being trapped at home never sounded better. We have relaxed and enjoyed ourselves way to much. 



So if you haven't seen these on Facebook, I took a few pictures around my house after the snow storm and I just thought you might enjoy seeing them.


































I hope you have enjoyed a slight peek into my little life. It was fun to share just a few things that have been tickling my fancy. It only takes little things to make me a blissful girl. Have a warm and safe week everyone!

May God Bless You and May You Bless God!




1 comment:

  1. Loved reading and seeing more about your life. TFS x

    ReplyDelete