Thursday, January 28, 2016

18/52 Art Journal Project - Topic 5 | January 28th

So we made it through month one! You guys have been spot on with your topics and picking such great supplies! Your pages are just...Amazing! I know I say that a lot but you guys have got some mad good talent!

Round of applause for the Clare Plantation Drawing Room!
WHAHOOOOOOOOOOO!
(Enter applause here)

So I asked the members of the CP Drawing Room if they were interested in switching supplies every month instead of every three. I got similar and then different replies. So here is the deal... The 18/52 Art Journal Project is like a jumping off point with quote un quote guildlines to follow that are perfectly able to be altered to fit your specific needs. There I think that's a good diplomatic answer.

In other words HAVE FUN!


Alright so here is Topic 5...

January 28th
"Gems"



So I've been eye balling this piece of under paper with piled up gorgeous paint from a previous project. I've always had in the back of me nogin to cut them up in little gem like shapes.



So...I did.



So how does one make dirt. Well I tell ya. You get old under paper with swatches of gold paint, crinkle the bajebes out of it and glue it to the page.







VOLIA, you have dirt! But I wanted the edges to disappear, so I added gesso around the edges to make it look as if this is dirt coming up and out from somewhere.



Man I love all that texture! Now I just used my finger to apply the gesso and it worked nicely because it added this frosted aged look over top of the raised wrinkles. After that I stuffed the little pieces of cut out dried piles of paint into the nooks and crannies to look as if it were hidden in dirt.



I had to use piles of glue just to make sure these babies weren't going anywhere. So like a member said in my Facebook group, she just wanted to try something she didn't know would work or not. This one I'm really experimenting as I go. It's something I've never really done before.



So I thought I was finished until I muled over what I could do to make these little paper gems pop if but only a little.



I had to take it home to finish it but the very last thing I added was a bit of watered down charcoal and graphite to grunge it up some. I've been inspired by Roben-Marie Smith to grunge things up here of late. It's a dirty looking mess but I kinda like it so that the paper gems will stand out in all their loveliness.

So I don't really know if I'm going to change any of my supplies or to change them once or three times a month. I'm a gonna mule it over and we will see were it goes.

Alright guys happy creating and I can't wait to see what you spruce up this time! 

God Bless You and May You Bless God!






1 comment:

  1. Oh, Miranda. You are a gem yourself! Love your step-out process, and it's so yummy looking!!

    ReplyDelete