Friday, October 23, 2015

Inspiration and Rearranging


So like I mentioned before in earlier posts, filming and editing my workshop wore me out and I grew very weary of creativity. I was so stressed and tired that getting back into my studio again to create something else again suddenly made me feel very exhausted. So I did something else that helped me get back into my creative mojo, reorganize my studio and create another Inspiration Station.


I need everything out beside me while I create. So I took pieces of cardboard and divided up my little storage trays, caddies and boxes even more to stuff more supplies into them in a more organized way. I always want things to have a specific slot and it to fit perfectly. My favorite stamps are standing up in the back of the blue paisley tray there and my pencils are out and ready to go. Everything is right where I need it.

Organizing my supplies helps me see what I have and sometimes gets me thinking in how I can use them differently. Cleaning spaces up makes me want to get them messy again.


And sure enough I did. At Rocky Mount Center for the Arts where I work, we had an Artisan and Harvest Tour in our county where visitors can tour artists studios that were placed on a map that people can travel to. RMCA had the chance to be apart of that and my studio was open to the public. We had all of our artists in RMCA come and work in their studios as guests came and watched us work. Way to much fun and this is the result of event. A messy desk and display desk of my work.


But afterwards, I just had to spread out on the floor. Here I whipped out Jenibellie's Inspiration Station Class, and I had to take a little bit of time for me. As much as I hated really doing that I knew it's what I needed. Every time I create something I feel like I have to share it or blog about it. I feel like that is the only way an artist can become noticed is if content is shared every day or as much as possible.

But I took this time to really study where I stand as an artist right now and because of this moment I allowed myself I've got several new projects swooping around in my head. So even though its tough to stop and do for yourself sometimes...DO IT, because something inspirational might happen that you wouldn't have noticed had you been on overdrive.



I even had time to go outside last week and pick up a few items from God's beautiful earth. Just below one of our Bradford Pear trees beside our house was an abandoned birds nest and I took it to my studio in a basket and set it up in my studio window. I was beyond happy to find such a treasure. Then I thought how perfect to put this plastic bird inside on the nest.

I wouldn't have found this nest had I not slowed down.


I'm so happy with my little window of curiosities, theres also a sweet memory to every piece.




So after I worked on the floor for a while I realized that I have to spread my furniture out in my studio. So I pushed my white door desk up against my desert wall, which has a perfect view of it by the way hahaha! Then I brought in another table from my classroom to add more working space in my room.

I'm even loving the bit of inspiration on my wall too, I've been wanting to do that for a while now.



So now, if ever I wanted to spread out on the floor again, it's super easy now.


So I've taken a break, rearranged and organized my studio, made another inspiration station and I'm ready for work. Ahhh this is a good feeling. It feels almost like spring cleaning. So if you are in that funk like I was, take some time off, rearrange things, don't share everything, keep things to yourself, spread out on the floor, hide away and turn the florescent lights off (if you have any) and drown yourself in warm yellow light. That sure did help me. 
Do for yourself and enjoy being with yourself as well.

May God Bless You and May You Bless God!

No comments:

Post a Comment