Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Monthly Challenge



September Monthly Challenge
Use only four items.

Can you do it? Can you use only four items to create a painting or art journal page? Really limit yourself to just four. That means water, scissors, gluesticks and so on as well. ONLY FOUR!

I have been trying to limit myself a lot these past couple of weeks to focus on the process like I've mentioned before here on my blog. What better way to put it to the test than here in this month's challenge.

Video Process:




My four items:
Hand Carved Stamp
Ink Pad
Prismacolor Pen
Gold Metallic Pen


After I made my coloring sheet styled art journal page with my individual stamps earlier this week, which you can check out HERE, I wanted to do something similar to that again.


So I doodled and collected them all together to create one simple and fun page. The metallic gold gives it that edgy chic kinda look to it which I really like.


Try your best to just focus on the process. Try to learn something new by using so little materials. It lifted a lot of pressure from me because I didn't have so many ideas floating around me with all different kinds of media. Breaking the materials down allowed me to focus on trying a new technique and be a little more adventurous. So take your time, think about it and if you finish quickly this month, do it again with four new different materials.

I can't WAIT to see what you all come up with. Don't forget to have fun and ENJOY THE PROCESS!

May God Bless You and May You Bless God!



No comments:

Post a Comment