Friday, September 11, 2015

Documented Life Project - Journaling with Photos

Hello all you fellow DLPers. I cannot believe that we have made it more than half way through the year! It's been so much fun so far learning new things about my style and trying new things.

This week I have been of course busy at work but I found the time today to do the latest challenge for the Documented Life Project.

September Theme
Journaling with Photos
September 5
Art Challenge: Photo Transfer
Journal Prompt:  From Here to There

Check out Art 5 Academy HERE to join the 
Documented Life Project.


Here is my workstation that has yet again changed. I will forever change the arrangement of my studio and one day my future home. I don't think my future husband will be able to stand me through.  


So I didn't have the materials or the desire really to do a photo transfer so you will see how I incorporate a photo with journaling a bit further down. 

From here I will just state what materials I used and offer occasionally my thought process.

1. Underpaper (LOVE)


2. Gesso to blend the edges


3. Blue Acrylic Paint


4. My new toy...molding paste!


I just had to show you the texture.










5. Teal Dylusions Ink Spray on the raised surface of the molding paste.



6. Hand Carved Stamp


7. White Paint Pen to highlight the stamp.






8. Acrylic Paint and Pink Dylusions Ink Spray for that yummy girly color.



Then a slight pause to enjoy the view.


9. Another hand carved stamp



10. Green paint pens to brighten the trees and the photo collage in the top left hand corner.


11. Journaling below the photo collage.


12. Yellow dylusions ink spray with a mask to put a bright color behind the mountain.


And this baby is done! There were a few photos I forgot to take pictures of. With customers and students coming and going , it took a little bit more of me to stay focused. The end result I really like and will remember the most because I documented that some of my goals, that I set for myself at the beginning of the year, have been accomplished.




This was the first time I colored in those trees and I'm growing a little obsessed with the way it looks against that purple...YUM!



That photo my sister and I took together after church last Sunday and I really just cannot be happier! 


I pray you all have safe and wonderful weekend with fall literally around the corner! May God Bless You and May You Bless God!



1 comment:

  1. As always a wonderful rich, full-of-detail post. Love these pages Miranda. And it's especially nice with your wonderful studio and mural as the back drop.

    ReplyDelete