Thursday, July 16, 2015

Rocky Mount Center for the Arts


You all have probably heard through my blog and instagram that life for me has turned to better than a positive. This is where I work, Rocky Mount Center for the Arts as the Art Educational Director and Gallery Director! WOW, never in a million years would I be thinking of these positions being my titles! INSANE!
I really couldn't have gotten this far without the help of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! He has blessed me way too much I think and I don't deserve it but, what I do, it will be for the Lord!

So come on in and let me show you around Rocky Mount Center for the Arts! 


We are Rocky Mount Center for the Arts (RMCA) and we promote Art Education, Showcasing Artists and Community Involvement. So in this process of revamping RMCA, we are going to be offering  many classes to the public, artists spaces and exhibitions as well as events for the community. We want to be a center of art for Rocky Mount, Virginia. So we are crazy busy with preparing, planning, scheduling, writing grants and advertising!  


Although we have all that work to be done, I managed to get downstairs and rearrange the gallery space. Aaahhhh and it is so much better than it was before.









So yes planning, scheduling, gallery re-organizing, teaching 11 students, preparing a body of work/paintings, filming a workshop, making Youtube videos, blogging, journaling for myself and maintaining clean rooms at home...BRING...IT...ON! 


We are getting classes up and running and we have a new artist taking up a studio space for rent. It's been really exciting to see things slowly but surely fall into place.


Every time I scurry back to my studio I always love looking into this studio with the color and her paintings up on the wall, very inspiring!

So not only will you be seeing more posts about my personal business here at Clare Plantation, but also what will be happening at Rocky Mount Center for the Arts. Our website it still in the revamping stages and will be posted soon for you guys to check out what all we are up too. For now you can follow us on Instagram @rockymountcenterarts for quick updates and everything art! 

Just thought I might share with you all another half of me and I hope you enjoy!

May God Bless You and May You Bless God!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! That is an amazing place... just beautiful. It reminds me of the Kentucky Artisan Center, Brea KY near where my mom lives, but they don't offer classes. Congrats on the new ventures!

    ReplyDelete