Saturday, July 4, 2015

July Monthly Challenge


Welcome to the month of July! I hope your July 4th weekend is popping with a lot of pomp and circumstance! 

So I have another challenge for you and now that I think of it, it fits quite well with this weekend full of fireworks and loud visuals. Check it out:

July Monthly Challenge

Pick your favorite animal and paint our draw it with different colors or with different media that you have never done before.

Check out the Monthly Challenge Art Journal Process Video


So I picked the bear! I have been studying the deer for a while and I have been eyeballing the bear for a little while so today I thought I might give it a go in painting it.


I collaged the background quickly and didn't put much thought into it. All I used were torn up book paper, acrylic paint, water soluable oil pastels and some under paper. Clearly it is obvious that I wanted to spend more time on painting my playful bear. So I consider the background not very well done for me but I think I might go back in and jazz it up a bit to satisphy myself.


Ooooooh painting this bear was so relaxing and beyond exciting! I used the end of a small flat brush to create the slender dashed brush strokes for the impression of the bears hair. It worked perfectly and I couldn't be any happier in how it turned out!


"Why Not" 
Why not paint an animal in crazy firework, neon colors! This phrase I taped to the page allowed me to really let loose and allow myself to do whatever I felt like doing. No questions asked but just pure experimentation.


That's what I want these monthly challenges to be about...pure experimenting! Have fun and don't stress over having the page look absolutely perfect. Yes I may go in and patch up the background but I will treat it as another form of experimenting. 

I absolutely cannot WAIT to see what you create. Don't forget to head on over to my Facebook group page, 
and there you can post your monthly challenge artwork and see others amazing work as well! 
Do NOT be afraid to post your work, we are all friends here!

Happy creating everyone and may the 4th be with you!
May God Bless You and May You Bless God!

Side note: You would think after about 6 or 7 tries my video process for this months challenge would upload but, higher powers apparently say it's not going to happen. I'm gonna keep on trying to upload the video but in the mean time, I hope you enjoy pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment