Thursday, July 2, 2015

Documented Life Project | Week 22 - Textured Paper Challenge


Welp, I am sooooo behind in my DLP but quite frankly I don't care. I actually like it when I have several pages to do because then I won't be finished sooner and have to wait for the next challenge. I'm a fast worker when it comes to creating art. It's just how I role.

May Theme
Touchy Feely (Texture)
May 30
Art Challenge:  Textured Paper
Journal Prompt:  I'm So Not Feeling It!

Check out more HERE at The Art 5 Academy. 



Sooo this page has been cooking for a while. I've thought it going in one direction and then I thought it going in another until I came up with this page for textured paper.


I really like the playful idea of "what is real" and what I mean by that is can you tell what it real textured paper on this page? Could it be the actual wrinkling of the paper that I glued to the page or could it be the texture in the picture from a magazine that I tour out and glued to the page?

Hahaha, confused and feeling like your brain turned to goo, no worries! There is no pop quiz here! As an artist I really like for people to react like this...


Like..."wait WHAT?"



But with all sillyness aside, I truly felt good after creating this page. I had been crazy busy at work, the good kind of crazy work, and I hadn't really felt inspired or relaxed enough to create something. 


So I finally got to the studio today and kept myself aware of customers that come in and out of our gallery shop but, I really was on assembly line mode with producing artwork.


I really tried to find all kinds of different ways to express textured paper and I just might have gone a little NUTS, but I'm not frowning.



Hope you have found a droplet of inspiration here.

Hope you have a creative rest of the week!
May God Bless You and May You Bless God!

No comments:

Post a Comment