Monday, July 13, 2015

Delight in Living My Artist Dreams


HELLO Everyone! I don't even know where to begin showing and telling about last week! NUTS-O is all I can really say but the good kind! Well, since my "One Stamp Slap Down" uploaded first...I'll start here...hahaha!

For those who are not familiar with "One Stamp or Stencil Slap Down" Art Journal Process Video, it is a video series that I created to show that you can create an art journal page by either slapping down a stamp or a stencil anywhere on the page. Once you slap a stamp or stencil down, it covers up the fear of the white page and creates a quick design or image that kickstarts imagination.


I went to a really neat antique shop and found some 1960's Vogue for a $1.00. Funny though that they were 51 cents in the 1960's. I pulled out a neat fashion illustration and sketched it out to look like this over a feather stamp I slapped down in the video. You can check out that video HERE.


So as you can tell by the title, this particular page was inspired by how I have been feeling lately. I really am just so happy, even though this isn't true, I could almost be perfectly happy without getting married! Art every day, all day is truly a dream come true!


So I was in a blissful state while making this page and it was fun to document that feeling. I also really want to dive more into writing or journaling so I've been using word stickers to write what I have been feeling at the time. I like these stickers because I like to make up phrases by looking at a wide variety of words to make a fun selection.


So much delight in living my artist dream!



If you've been keeping up with my blog and Instagram, then this painting may look familiar. You can check out that post HERE to see how this painting first started. As for now, here is an update.


I really could just shoot myself for not taking pictures last Sunday of a studio that I visited of a popular painter in our area. But, what I really took away from looking at her paintings was that I needed to practice painting with a palette knife. Check out the paint in the picture above...AAAAAAHHHHH PAINT...LOVE IT!


What my plan is is to use the palette knife on the rocks and then paint the sky smooth and soft to create depth and keep that collage look to it. It is no way near finished but I wanted to show where I stand for now. Please comment below to let me know what you think so far!




My poor studio, I'll bet if it where human I would be the cause of it having numerous heart attacks. I have moved furniture around again as well as in my classroom. My classroom is actually functional now and my studio...practically perfect in every way! 


I had to combine both of my studios here today since I am hardly at home to work at home. Art all day every day pretty much means exactly what it says so I just brought everything to my studio in town!  




The classroom looks pretty ridiculous but believe it or not, it's very organized. It still has a way to go though but for 11 students, you've got to have things pretty put together.



One of my students today had a blast in making symmetrical paintings today.




Yeah so this is only half way done, I haven't shown you the rest of the gallery or studios yet so swing by here tomorrow for a quick tour! 

Happy Creating!
May God Bless You and May You Bless God!



No comments:

Post a Comment