Monday, June 29, 2015

Overalls and Painting Peeks


So I went to Goodwill this week and grabbed some bibbed overalls. I cut them up for shorts and they still are a bit to long but oh my goodness where they so comfortable in the studio.

I've been reading Alisa Burke's blog like crazy here lately...can you tell why? I just love her style and couldn't wait to get some overalls for myself.




Thought I might share a little of how my galazy, canyon painting is going. I started making girly squeals when the sky at the bottom right started looking the way it did. It's coming along!




Now this bad boy is giving me some issues. So I've been obsessing over journalgirl's blog here of late. I was determined to spend some time in the studio making some art that looked similar to hers. I really want to get that lathered, layered painterly look to my painting but, it didn't come out the way I wanted. 

It's a work in progress so I'm sticking it in the oven to let it cook. There are elements that I like but I want to like it all as a whole. When I get those likeable elements sewn together to make a one likeable painting...I will be happy!

So there you have it folks...painting peeks and studio attire. 
Having so much fun in life right now!

I hope you all have a wonderful creative week!
May God Bless You and May You Bless God!



No comments:

Post a Comment