Friday, May 15, 2015

Learning Something at the Art Show


Hello my lovelies, I hope everyone has been doing well and has been creating like a mad artist! Over on this end, at Clare Plantation, I have had to do some reevaluating. I have realized after an art show that I previously entered that I need some work! I am struggling with composition and I think where I have been putting most of my time in, it has limited my growth as an artist.




Check out this painting by a lady who won best in show at the Art Show I attended. It is an oil painting that I literally couldn't keep my eyes off of the moment I walked into the gallery. So I based what I need to learn on how I reacted to this painting. It was a show stopper, it one best in show by it's composition and it's alluring color choices and size. I need to work on these areas the most.








So yes, this is a short post but I wanted to update you on where I stand. Clare Plantation is under a little bit of reconstruction. I need to figure out where I need the most work. I have been out of the learning phase for a while and have thought myself a professional artist. I'M NOT! I've got a lot of learning to do! I need to touch up on some things and I may be absent for just a little while.



(Anything look familiar?)


While I am a little absent, I will be preparing some workshops that will be available on my Etsy shop soon and I will make a quick Promo video to let you know what it is about. I am taking this time to make my work better and to develop as an artist. I also want to make content that is better for you lovely viewers! You all have been so supportive and there is nothing I can really do but THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!



(The Picnic one is mine)

I'll be back as soon as I can but until then, happy creating and if that creating means taking some time to re-learn something or develop your craft more, you and I are in the same boat!

Talk to you soon!
 Happy Creating and May You Always Bless God!


3 comments:

  1. We will all be here when you get back Miranda! Hang in there... you are already extremely talented so it's nothing but up up up from here. You have such a big heart... you will be blessed and rewarded for your faithfulness. I believe in you.... and will be praying for you. Give us a wink when you can! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I thought your paintings looked wonderful on the gallery wall. In many ways - I liked your better by far than the one that won. Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come here regularly to read what you're up to artwise ever since you did the demo on Art5Academy. I enjoy your commentary and how you describe your processes. Best wishes as you keep learning and exploring your techniques. While the best in show is beautifully done, I do appreciate the fresh, seemingly uninhibited appearance of your works. I will check back from time to time. I don't have a blog or a studio, but I feel so content when I have my newbie journal, paints, markers, yarn, scraps of fabric and cotton threads. Some other artists whose work and commentary inspire me are Janet Bell, Julia Crossland, Claire Leggett, Louise Rawlings, Catherine Holman and Dreama Tolle Perry. All different. Our Creator likes variety. (smile) Alexine

    ReplyDelete