Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Studio and Painting Updates


Went to work today at the studio. I continued working on this painting that for some reason I can't seem to finish. I've been working on it for months upon months so much so that it has layers upon layers, it's ridiculous! But I'm loving the texture that the adding of layers come with!


I've worked a ton on my mural and thought now would be a good time to give you an update. I'm still not quite finished because I want to have some of my students help me out with some of the bushes, just so they can say they worked on a mural!







This studio space has been through a lot with me, the lady that owns the place says that every time she comes back to my studio, it changes constantly...I have fallen in love with this small cubby of the west, it's a fantastic little escape.







So as for that painting you see on that easel, this is what it first looked like when I came in today to work.




Then I added a bit more red violet tones to the red rock formation, a few Van Gogh swirls inspired by starry night and pine trees near the bottom. I'm trying to enter this bad boy in a show and I'm struggling with knowing when it is finished or not. 









Then I keep reminding myself that I must become the viewer. What I mean by that is I have to come to the point where I begin to look at it and enjoy it more as if I were the viewer. Also when my message becomes clearer and the painting speaks that message whithout me saying anything, that's when I realize I am done. It's getting so close, I'm right there at the edge and I'll be so excited to finally see this baby up on a wall!

Hope you enjoy and May God Bless You Always!




7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your studio is so stinkin' cute!! And I love your painting you are working on, it is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more. Your studio looks amazing. I love your work. I look up to you for inspiration and hope to some day be as inspirational as you are :) T x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my heck, you are beyond sweet! Thank you so much! I'm glad I can be of help! Just stick to who you are and love what you do and I promise you someone will be inspired!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous, Miranda! Wish I could visit your studio!! Loveeeeee your painting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anna! Always appreciate you!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this painting, Miranda. The rocks at the bottom are beyond scrumptious. All the best with the show (and how exciting!).

    Fatima

    ReplyDelete