Monday, February 16, 2015

Painting in the Works

I first started this painting with a simple stump with green moss growing in the middle of it. It had representations of glass globe ornaments around the stump that I kept seeing in the Grainery where they blow glass which is also where I have my studio. I liked it and some fellow studio renters next to my studio liked it but...I wasn't jumping up and down inside like I wanted to! So I studied more Van Gogh and kinda well destroyed it (in a good way) with layers and layers of paint! 


Here of late I have been OBSESSED with the combination of thick dried colored paint and brushing over top of it gold metallic paint with my fingers. The result is what you see below. 








        The painting it only half way done but I thought it would be a lot of fun to show you the process. It also has shown you what I have been fixating on while being MIA here of late! I've been busy staring at the painting and making it into something that makes me get excited! Hope you enjoy!


2 comments: