Monday, February 2, 2015

Documented Life Project Week 3 and 4



Whew this weekend was AMAZING! I can not believe all the wonderful sweet comments about my work  from being featured artist for the Documented Life Project! I was so glad to have inspired so many people and make people want to create! That is something an artist dreams about, especially this girl! Thank you so much over and over again for all your sweet things you had to say. I pray you all have a wonderful week and that your creating gives you so much fulfillment as you did for me! God Bless You All!

Before we go anywhere let's give credit where credit is due. Check of The DLP on the Art 5 Academy site HERE.

 So this weekend was like a mountain top experience...now it's time to get down in the valley and back to work!

I finally finished my previous challenges I already needed to catch up on. Is this a sign or something?

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
January 24
Art Challenge:  Writing
Journal Prompt:  Words with Friends


I wasn't really driven to create something with the prompt of "words with friends" I just knew that I wanted to write more in my journal and how I was feeling or what I wanted my page to say.


The process was quite simple actually. I had started with paint that I smeared on from another project and continued adding layers of paint from there. I had Mindy Lacefield in mind while I slapped paint everywhere! I then used some of my hand carved stamps and a few bits of paper sent in happy mail! THANKS Chris Gromann! And last but not least I doodled the girl I see as myself atop the trees!


Then of course came the red rocks! I couldn't resist! 
So, in reference to what I wrote on my page...my family has been out west two times. One for a cross country trip and another by plane. Each time I feel as though I had left half of my heart out there. So here in Virginia, when I see the sun set, that is how I feel sometimes wanting to see at least a glimpse of where the rest of my heart lies!


Then of course, last but not least Week 3.

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
January 17
Art Challenge:  The Color Wheel
Journal Prompt:  "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “    - Georgia O’Keeffe



Does this look familiar? Hahaha, well if not, I made this in a previous post back in November about Gelli Printing with live flowers. You can check out that post HERE. I told myself one day that I wanted to paint this and when the color wheel challenge came up the light bulb turned one!


This challenge though took me a while to get here, but small steps leading to the end result just makes you appreciate it even more! I can't help it sometimes when I bring my journal with me to work just so I can flip through it and feel proud about what I have done! I can not wait to see this journal of mine completely full at the end of the year!


Week 3 and 4 complete...hope to see you next week for Week 6 challenge.



3 comments:

  1. Such fun! So colorful! And lots of meaning. I love it, Miranda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo votre travail est tellement gai, j'ai pris énormément de plaisir à m'inspirer de vous pour le défi "Under paper", cela a été une vraie thérapie lorsque j'ai créé ma page, je vous dis encore et encore MERCI et félicitations.

    ReplyDelete