Saturday, February 21, 2015

Another stage | Painting in Progress


So for those of you involved in the crazy mixtures of snow storms here lately, you know what it may feel like to have excessive cabin fever. I've been out only a couple times for work but for the most part we are quite stuck here at home. So I took my painting out again and started layering and layering until I became stumped...this is where I stand now.



I took a lunch break and studied what I could of crystals and gems through pinterest and it became a happy accident I didn't plan.


Van Gogh inspired swirly, starry night paint! LOVE!




I don't know how this painting will end up but I'm anxious to see the end just as much as I am ready for SPRING and the end of snowy cabin fever days!

3 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful. After you were talking about all your snow storms... all I could see in your painting was a little ski village at the top in the background and all the mountains and valleys where people are skiing. I even imagined that those two little circles behind the green flower like objects are a couple of skiers taking a rest! Moon setting, sun rising - it's just totally amazing. Love the colors and for sure the shiny crystal looking parts too. I'm sorry you have cabin fever but what a wonderful creation has come from it!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. LOVE IT. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm so glad you enjoy it Joi at RR. It tickles me pink that you see some many different things that I didn't see myself. Your comment really made me feel good about this painting when I was a little skeptical, thanks to tons of inner critics in my head. Thanks so much for your wonderful comment and I pray you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete