Saturday, January 10, 2015

January 9, 2015 Operation Mural - South Western Inspired Update #1


So I dropped my sister off at school and made a mad dash to my studio in town. I have been up nights thinking about how AWESOME it would be to have a mural. I sketched it out and today was the day I officially started the south western themed mural in my studio. I dropped my bags and left my Documented Life Project Journal on the floor because I will admit with no shame that it keeps me company like a stuffed animal!


I mixed my paint and used the bottom of a paint brush to stir it all up. This blue is gorgeous am I right!


I literally had Emma Approved running the entire five hours that I worked today! It was quiet in the studio today, not a lot of customers but I'm kinda glad so that they can see more later! 


So this is the wall that you see on your right when you walk in my studio. More monument valley inspired.


This wall is the longest so I had to take two shots to get it all.


Then this wall is Horseshoe Bend at the Grand Canyon and it is directly in front of you as you walk in my studio.


Then this wall is to your left as you walk in my studio. Still more monument valley inspired!


I finished out the day blocking out all color and the next step is to work on detail!

It's already coming to life and that's exactly what I wanted! I wanted to create a mural of the south west to make me feel like I am there. I guess that's why I couldn't sleep because I could feel like I was on vacation when I work in my studio!


I carry this thing with me everywhere! Come on back to see the next update on Operation Mural.

















2 comments:

  1. Your Operation Mural looks fantastic so far, Miranda! I would love to visit your studio! :)

    ReplyDelete