Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Documented Life Project - Journal Week 2

Documented Life Project - Journal 2015 Week 2 Prompt and Challenge literally has me stroking the page right now! I cannot tell you how much I am in aww of this new technique that I have just started doing.




It's the easiest and yet stupidest technique because I'm thinking...why didn't I do this earlier in my journaling days! AAAAAHHHH it is definitely one of my favorites!

All I did was plop dollops of several colors of paint near the center of my page. I then took the catalyst tool that I created out of cardboard that you see near the spine of the book to scrap and slide the paint around. Look what happened! 



I let the monster amount of paint dry and then let it dry some more because it was so thick.


So after letting it dry I looked back on the Challenge and Prompt of Week 2 for the DLP 2015 and it was to use gesso to over come that fear of the blank, white page and the prompt was a quote by Mary Shelley "The beginning is always today."


I didn't use much gesso but what little I did, I mixed it with gold metallic paint. The thing that I am most excited about is the shimmery raised texture you get when lightly rubbing gesso and metallic gold paint all over thick, dried paint! I truly was beside myself with excitement!


My camera could do only but so much but if you could just feel the texture and see the shimmer, I think as a mixed media artist you would die! I encourage you to try it out because it will NOT disappoint! 





Last but not least, I journaled a little about the prompt and what it meant to me. Simply put I learned a new technique and it was by creating everyday and a lot if time allows. So I just simple wrote this:

"I think it's really important after a limited amount of experience, to create something everyday! When an artist does such a thing, we can begin to watch new discoveries unfold about our style and how we create. It's super fun"

No comments:

Post a Comment