Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Style Journal Cover


So the cover to the "My Style Journal" just wasn't cutting it for me. All I did was lather it with gesso with a gift card to give it texture. They when fully dry, I brushes spots of paint all over the cover and used some metallic gold paint to give it a little glimmer and sparkle.


I painted the gem on the front because I think the best way to get yourself into a journal and stick with a topic and subject matter that you give it, is to paint something on the cover that will draw you in. The gem was something that I have always wanted to try to paint and I'm glad I did.


I also when the gesso was wet I took a book awl and carved in happy thoughts because not only is this "My Style Journal" but it is where a lot of happy thoughts will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment