Thursday, March 6, 2014

Another Grand Studio Day

So, I got up real early this morning to head on over to my studio that I rent in town, about 15 minutes away from home, and started using some new lights a friend let me use! I made videos and took pictures for Etsy and very diligently worked on this journal page spread!


I had first decided to play with Hot Glue by creating the circles to the orange dotted flowers. That set off a nice relief to the page! I also found that the red polka dot tissue paper near the back is see through-able when glued down with Mod Podge and makes the layers look more interesting.



 I have been drinking peppermint tea in my T.J Maxx Mug here of late and I don't think I will ever go back to coffee!



Those blue arrows are a stencil that I made out of a CheezIt box! Oh and that peculiar looking stuff in the upper left hand corner, its dried up paint that I pealed off of bubble wrap! Just lather paint on the bubble wrap and let it dry. Then the next day peal the exes paint off and VOILA, you have fantastic texture! Be careful peeling it though, it breaks very easily!





I took a plastic stencil with a even rippled edge, slapped paint on a Gelli Plate and slid the stencil along the paint and then scrapped the exes off on my journal page! It makes nice and yummy looking texture!



And of course, don't forget to put a little bit of stamps! That "Art" stamp was one that I forgot completely about! I like the look of a lot of text and scripted words on a page! This page it 3/4s of the way down, I wanna doodle just a little bit more on it! I'll post them up soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment