Thursday, February 27, 2014

Freeing Abstract Experiments!

 I have always been a realist in my opinion or at least a realist with surrealist features, but lately a lady next to my studio has inspired or gotten into my artsy pumping veins and abstract stuff came out. Then again I can also say that my art journaling has come to the for front and fallen on my canvas as well. I've always wanted to try this and I can't really explain to you how freeing it is.

 I grab a canvas and start putting whatever I want on it. I don't sketch it out before hand or think about it before I put media on the surface, I just GO!
 Being in an studio atmosphere with other artists around me really has opened my eyes to how artist's styles can influence another artist style. It has helped me be more free in my own paintings in the realistic style and for that I feel so blessed and grateful! 
 I am NO WHERE NEAR done, I've got a lot more to do to these paintings below but I just wanted to show my progress. Some things aren't even taped down yet but I would LOVE to hear your opinion. Leave a comment below if you like how things are looking so far. What do you like? What would you add or take away? Are the colors pleasing or not?

DON'T BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT YOU ARE AFRAID TO CREATE!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely and colorful creations you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you, this is a first for me and I really enjoyed it! Hope to make more soon!

    ReplyDelete